- Posted by
Some heart attacks are sudden and intense, but most of them start slowly, with mild pain or discomfort. Here are signs that can mean a heart attack is happening:
- Chest DISCOMFORT
- Most heart attacks involve discomfort in the center of the chest that lasts more than a few minutes, or that goes away and comes back. It can feel like uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness or pain.
- DISCOMFORT in other areas of the upper body
- Symptoms can include pain or discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw or stomach.
- SHORTNESS of breath
- This feeling often comes along with chest discomfort. But it can also occur without chest discomfort.
- Other signs
- Other signs might include breaking out in a cold sweat, nausea or lightheadedness.
If you or someone you’re with has one or more of these signs, call 9-1-1 immediately! Get to the hospital right away!